UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Oct 2013, 9:31 pm   #1
jamesvalves
Retired Dormant Member

Default AVO MK3 Dials

Hi all, I am trying to refurbish a AVO Mk3 and need some replacement transparent dials as they are all cracked. Where abouts would I source them or how would you suggest to create replacements?

Regards
James
Old 9th Oct 2013, 11:18 pm   #2
Pamphonica
Nonode

Default Re: AVO MK3 Dials

My VCM Mk3 also had badly cracked dials and I gave up on repairing them.
For anyone who hasn't seen them they are thin clear plastic, dished in the middle to accommodate the pot mounting bush. The plastic goes yellow and then cracks apart.
I replaced mine with cursor knobs of the same Avo type, but with no plastic skirt, from a scrapped Avo transistor tester. They looked the part and setting accuracy was very little diminished.
I am sure I can find you a couple if you need them. PM me.
- Jeremy
Closed Thread