UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Jul 2018, 12:05 am   #1
12jslater
Pentode

Default Telsen volume and separation control appropriate replacements

On my telsen 464 its variable condenser used for volume control is reading o.c and the seperation condenser is far too high.

They should both be 0.0003uf i was wondering if anybody knew of a suitable replacement.

Regards, Jake
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reac3.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	166479  

Last edited by 12jslater; 24th Jul 2018 at 12:16 am.
Old 24th Jul 2018, 7:45 am   #2
crackle
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Telsen volume and seperarion control appropriate replacements

These are simple variable condensers, there is not much that can go wrong. But this one is made a little more complicated by being enclosed. Most that I have seen are just 2 pieces of board with the fixed and moving vanes visible between.
Look for the cause of the "open" circuit, are the nuts clamping the fixed vanes together loose.
You may be able to carefully drill out the eyelet/rivets and dismantle. Use the old rivet to help hold it together again with a spot of superglue on the head where you have drilled the end away.
I wouldn't worry about the other one being slightly higher in value, the specification may have been changed.
Mike
Closed Thread