UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Jul 2015, 12:39 pm   #1
terrybull
Octode

Default Pictures upside down

Not unique to this site but if I use my ipad to post a jpeg on here it always seems to get inverted. I have even posted an inverted image in the expectation it will be the right way but alass no. Do others have this issue.
Old 11th Jul 2015, 7:55 pm   #2
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Re: Pictures upside down

The software here doesn't recognise the rotation data embedded in JPEG files from mobile device cameras, so if they are uploaded directly this can happen. If you edit and save first (perhaps using the Photoshop app if it's available for iOS) then they should appear correctly here.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 12th Jul 2015, 11:54 am   #3
Sean Williams
Dekatron

It is common on all Apple products. I just save mine to my PC and rotate - I find using the forum from a phone difficult anyway.
Old 12th Jul 2015, 1:03 pm   #4

I use the 'save for web' function in Photoshop, all you get out is a .JPG no fancy formatting etc.. What you see is what you get.

Old 12th Jul 2015, 7:50 pm   #5
peter_scott
Dekatron

After rotating the image save it with a new name. Some applications love to ignore the fact that you have changed and saved an image but they don't ignore a "new" file.

Peter
Closed Thread