UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Jul 2015, 8:13 pm   #1
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Delete own post?

After a very early start, a long, busy day, too many distractions, and generally not being in a fit state to be in charge of a computer, I managed to start a thread in the wrong section.

I didn't realise I'd done it until I had already clicked on 'Submit new thread'. (Thanks to Mike Phelan for redirecting the post into the appropriate area).

At the time, I looked around and honestly could not see any way to delete a post, once posted. Is there a less than obvious way to do it? Edit the post to no content / no title, something like that?
Old 6th Jul 2015, 8:32 pm   #2
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: Delete own post?

For a short while, around 20 mins I believe, you have an edit button at the lower right of the post. This is to allow a quick proof read, and edit if you spot a problem. You can also delete the post there. Afler that you have to report it, and one of us will oblige. You can't change the title yourself, however.
Old 6th Jul 2015, 8:35 pm   #3
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

I've used the edit feature many a time to undo key bounces or finger fumbles, but never noticed a 'delete' option. I'll look again after I submit this.

Edit: Yes, there it is, a 'delete' button!

How I couldn't see that before, I don't know.
Old 6th Jul 2015, 9:19 pm   #4
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Also, only moderators can delete the opening post of a thread - which is the same as deleting the thread.
Old 6th Jul 2015, 11:41 pm   #5
AC/HL
Dekatron

I must admit I didn't realise that Dave, but then I've never had to do it.
Old 13th Jul 2015, 9:52 am   #6
flyingtech55
Octode

I remember some time ago I made a humorous comment (well I thought it was) in the middle of a reasonably long thread. The thread subsequently got split and my comment made no sense at all (if it ever did in the first place) because the bit of the thread it related to was the bit that got split off if you see what I mean. However, a quick email to the mods explaining the problem and requesting the removal of my comment brought about a surprisingly quick response, and the orphan posting was removed in double quick time.

TimR
Old 13th Jul 2015, 10:14 am   #7
paulsherwin

If you accidentally start a thread in the wrong section, one of the mods will usually spot it and move it. Members are welcome to send a PM if we don't notice it.
Closed Thread