UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Jul 2020, 8:44 pm   #1
Wishiknewmore
Hexode

Default Schaub Lorenz Touring T 30 No Radio Sound!

Hello

I have probably taken on a task beyond my abilities, I got a this rather sad set with, broken case, missing handle and set of very corroded batteries
After a bit of inspection, cleaning etc. I got some noise from the speaker, but no reception

Connecting an audio source to the “tape“ input gave a reasonable output

There is a button cell battery attached to the circuit board, I now understand that this is some form of voltage stabiliser and that it can be replaced by combination of diodes and capacitor or a red led? Could do with direction on this.

The next physical issue is that something has leaked something on to the circuit board more or less under the button cell, I would say it’s the battery, except its waxy, I have replaced the electrolytes in the immediate area

The set is full of Ge transistors, to the best of my ability I have checked the AF114 and 115 and the AF126 as per Paul Stenning’s “Transistor Faults Testing and Replacement” check with a DCM. They appeared to be functioning as two diodes except where suggested a few hundred ohms it was more like a 1000

I have tried some 2n1303 and 2n3906 in place of the AF114 and 115 made no change so reverted back

The set is not silent when disconnected from an audio source, it just sounds as if its between stations, but no stations or hint thereof, sort of constant hash

It obviously a very well built set and not very keen on coming apart, it will never be a good looking radio due to the damage to the case but it’s a bit of a curiosity and challenge…but perhaps a challenge too far

Any suggestions warmly welcomed

Philip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1536.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	210425  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf itt_schaub-lorenz_touring-t30_receiver_schematic.pdf (2.11 MB, 48 views)
Closed Thread