UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Jul 2006, 5:41 pm   #21
Panrock
Nonode

Default Re: Baird 240 line standard details wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Manton
One interesting thing; when the PC is generating 240-line to Baird's standard; it's in RGB colour... Wonder what Baird would make of that?
Hey Kat, what about the TCC/BHTP event from Alexandra Palace this November going out on 240-lines? The actual Nov 1936 opening did, didn't it, when the Baird system won the toss ?

Only half-joking....

Steve
Old 28th Jul 2006, 8:36 pm   #22
tubesrule
Hexode

David, your HMV901 sounds very similar to one I had. It was made in November '36 and had most of the 240 compnents still in tact, although the system switch was gone and the hole covered up. I thought I had a picture of it operating on 240 line, but can't find it now. The original Emiscope 6/6 was very weak in it, and very dim, so taking pictures was a bit of a challenge. If I come across the picture I'll post it.

Darryl
Old 28th Jul 2006, 9:14 pm   #23
Dave Moll
Dekatron

I hope you do find the picture. I too would be interested to see it.
Old 28th Jul 2006, 9:56 pm   #24
mickjjo
Rest in Peace

There is some interesting information on Bairds Crystal Palace operations here:-

http://www.transdiffusion.org/emc/baird/baird_itv.php

Regards, Mick.
Closed Thread