UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Oct 2019, 9:06 pm   #1
ElectronRoger
Retired Dormant Member

Default Kolster-Brandes Model FR10. Value?

I have a KB Model FR10 in full working order and in great condition. Even have the Instruction Book as well.

Does anyone know how much it's worth please?

Thanks,

Rog.
Old 6th Oct 2019, 10:33 pm   #2
crackle
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Kolster-Brandes Model FR10. Value?

Not a lot I am sorry to say.
If it really is in "exceptional" condition (no distinguishable marks) then it may fetch from £35 to £50. Other wise if it has (in ebay speak) "normal wear commensurate with age" ie; looks like it has been kicked about a few times in the back of a van then it is probably worth £10 to £20.
This is an example of what I would describe as in the middle as just "good" condition, and possibly worth about £20 to £30. http://www.kbmuseum.org.uk/kb_images/KB_FR10.jpg
Depending on the month, weather, number of bidders, oh and of course if postage is offered.

Mike
Old 9th Oct 2019, 10:56 am   #3
ElectronRoger
Retired Dormant Member

Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It's a shame about the radio as it is in very good condition. As you say though it's very bulky so selling it is probably unrealistic due to the postage. A skip at the recycling centre seems such a lousy way to go but there we are.

Thanks again,

Roger.
Old 9th Oct 2019, 1:21 pm   #4
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Hello Roger,

Yes, that would be a pity. Postage is always best avoided with larger valve table models like this one, especially when there's a big glass tuning dial that very readily gets smashed unless extreme care is taken in the packaging. Why not offer it here, at a realistic fixed price or for free if you're feeling generous - there's very likely to be a local member who would collect - or if you'd rather on eBay to see if there's any interest, collection only?

Paul
Old 9th Oct 2019, 7:18 pm   #5
DonaldStott
Octode

Totally agree with Paul - please don't throw the FR10 in a skip!

Make an offer on here as I'm sure there must be a Forum member in your locality willing to take it off your hands.

There is a general misconception about the retail value of Vintage Valve Radios and I'm in no doubt that most of us do this stuff as a hobby with no regard whatsoever to any resale or profit.

This Forum has helped save countless radios, TVs, record players etc. from the skip - long may it continue.