UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 10th May 2012, 7:49 pm   #21
Brigham
Octode

Default Re: Hmm. What do I need?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs_derby View Post
If you have some source of 625-line, UHF-modulated signals and can't get at the baseband, I have a Maplin NICAM tuner with audio and video outputs, including fallback to FM mono audio. Yours for postage -- PM if you want it.
Thanks for the offer, but the source I want to use is the moribund BBC transmission from the giant mast on Bilsdale Moor!

We have what has become a sort of tradition at work, of watching the Wimbledon Championships on an appalling oil-soaked B&W portable TV, perched unsteadily on the workshop bench, and powered from the accumulator charging set.

The fact of this scarcely-credible set-up actually still working has long been a source of ribaldry during the Championships.

This year, of course, is The Last, and we have planned to see it off in great style. As well as the famous old derelict, I want to show the best possible picture I can manage on at least three well-restored vintage sets, one in Reception, one in the waiting-room, and at least one in the workshop.

To drive these I need a good clean off-air signal. An aerial has been erected, co-ax cable run-in for the feeds, and all looked well, until I realised that the DVD/VCR combo I intended to run from was outside the terms of my B&W licence.

I could upgrade to a Colour licence, but I think the B&W one won't long outlive the analogue service, and I want to hold out to the end.

I can soon whip the head drum out, but a cleaner solution would be nicer!
Old 10th May 2012, 8:52 pm   #22
murphyv310
Dekatron

Default Re: Hmm. What do I need?!

Dear Dear!
What is this forum turning into, there seems to be a bit of sniping going on, Jeffrey's reply looks absolutely fine to me. Surely one can have some say without getting your nose bitten off.
I wonder if the OP's location has analogue anyway?
Closed Thread