UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Aug 2022, 8:40 am   #1
Formby Mal
Tetrode

Default Samsung 3 band radio cassette, model: STF55L

Hi, I have been trying to get the FM signal working again with the brilliant help of G6ONEDave from this site and he has suggested after numerous tests, that we carried out, that an oscilloscope might help. Being as I don't have one Dave thought I should ask on this part of the site if anyone lives nearer to me than him. I'm in Formby, near Liverpool and Southport, that might be able to run a test with the oscilloscope. The problem with the radio is the FM signal just stopped, the MW/LW works fine just the FM doesn't. Thanks... Malcolm.
Old 16th Aug 2022, 3:15 pm   #2
agardiner
Heptode

Default Re: Samsung 3 band radio cassette, model: STF55L

Hi Malcolm.

Just been reading through your long posting regarding this unit. Well done for your perseverance! Clearly there is not anyone local to you responding here, so perhaps you need to consider boxing it up and sending.

1st call would be to PM Dave to see if he would like to help, as he has clearly been very helpful with regard to your efforts. If he doesn't want to take it on personally and you are prepared to send, then I would be happy to look at this for you. If so, PM me.

Regards, Adrian.
Old 8th Sep 2022, 12:45 pm   #3
Station X

Default Re: Samsung 3 band radio cassette, model: STF55L

This has now been repaired so I'll close the thread.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Closed Thread