UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Mar 2018, 9:17 pm   #1
K.C.pye1958
Pentode

Default Garrard 2025TC arm problem.

Hello.

I got a Hacker Grenadier today and the arm was sticking due to resistance beyond a certain point on the records so I assumed that if I adjusted the screws on the back of the arm that it would free it up. Instead I loosened the the screw so much that a little plastic grey piece and a small spring fell out, so can anyone advise me how to put them back into their right place and order.

All advice appreciated.
Old 30th Mar 2018, 10:19 am   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Garrard 2025TC arm problem.

The resistance to the arm will have nothing to do with the screws associated with the arm.
At the top of this page you will find "Stickys" that relate to the servicing of this deck which will also show a diagram of the unit. Look for the Garrard items including thise for the "Autoslim" . A phoho of the arm area to be repaired would help. The arm movement will be due to the linkages under the unit.
Old 30th Mar 2018, 11:30 am   #3
Cobaltblue

Hi KC

If it's sticking its more likely that its hardened grease so needs an overhaul.

The service documentation is available here:
https://www.service-data.com/section.php/2966/1/2025tc

Its pretty detailed so worth every penny.

Below is a snip of the rear of the arm

Cheers

Mike T
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Arm.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	160197  
Old 30th Mar 2018, 11:56 am   #4
Audio1950
Dekatron

The arm is almost certainly sticking at the point where it should be operating the trip pawl, which is what kicks the mechanism into play at the end of each record. To overhaul the trip pawl, see the "sticky" at the start of this section entitled "Automatic trip repair on Garrard Autoslim-chassis units" (6th one down from the top)

Barry
Closed Thread