UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Jan 2008, 12:57 pm   #1
gw3xjc
Retired Dormant Member

Default Trio Ts520 pa coil switch burn up

Hello, my cousin dropped his TS520 off for me to fix this morning, he tuned it up with no load. The pa coil switch has arced over and carbonised. Luckily is a completely seperate switch joined on to the band switch shaft by a coupler. I have taken a photograph of this and I also have a pdf file of the enlarged diagram of the pa switch. Does anyone think they could help me with a switch, I see that I can not load up the photograph as it s too large. I can however e mail it direct to someone who could possibly help

73's roger luke
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ts520 pa coil switch.pdf (54.2 KB, 107 views)
Old 14th Jan 2008, 11:07 am   #2
Valleyjinker
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Trio Ts520 pa coil switch burn up

Ring Lowe Electronics in Matlock - they have stock of that sort of thing.

01629 832374.
Old 15th Jan 2008, 6:38 pm   #3
gw3xjc
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Trio Ts520 pa coil switch burn up

thanks for that idea, i assumed, perhaps wrongly that all these parts were long gone. I will give them a try tomorrow, or e mail them tonight.
Rog GW3XJC
Old 23rd Jan 2008, 6:20 pm   #4
gw3xjc
Retired Dormant Member

Thumbs up Re: Trio Ts520 pa coil switch burn up

Thanks to Lowe electronics and Valleyjinker I have installed the new switch and the set is now a runner.
Roger GW3XJC
Closed Thread