UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Mar 2018, 4:19 pm   #1
valveaudio
Hexode

Default Light Box from old monitor?

Hi,
I want to make a photographic light box for slide copying, 150x100mm would be large enough. I had the thought that one could be made from an old LED monitor. It would have to be an LED type I believe since I want to run it from DC or highish frequency to eliminate strobing with the DSLR I intend to use which I may want to operate at varying shutter speeds.
Has anyone tried this or have any ideas?

Trevor
Old 7th Mar 2018, 5:28 pm   #2
Ancient Geek
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Light Box from old monitor?

Markus Fuller has done something similar, although you may find his video a bit simple: https://youtu.be/VvVN5kHHg0Y
Old 7th Mar 2018, 8:41 pm   #3
emeritus
Dekatron

Default Re: Light Box from old monitor?

When I made a negative/slide copying jig a few years ago I just used a sheet of flashed opal glass and a conventional GLS bulb. Proper flashed opal glass does provide prettywell absolutely uniform illumination, but is quite expensive. Fortunately the largest size of negative I contemplated needing was 4" x 5" so the cost was reasonable.
Closed Thread