UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Mar 2018, 12:04 am   #21
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Default Re: Anyone got an SVR Video recorder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhs doctor View Post
Does anyone knows if the Grundig SVR can record and playback the VCR LP cassettes.
No. They are different formats and I think the tape speed is slightly slower on SVR.
Old 25th Mar 2018, 11:44 am   #22
jb332
Triode

You could use blank SVR cassettes in N1700 machines to give a better picture quality. The old couple I bought mine from in the early 90s had recorded Charles and Di’s wedding on an SVR tape and the picture quality was excellent.
Old 27th Mar 2018, 11:48 pm   #23
johntech
Triode

My mind is playing tricks. It was a long time ago but I am sure I remember a demonstration of an LVR machine at a trade show (possibly Toshiba) there was a noticeable glitch as the track changed. I think I can remember thinking they will never get that right and they didn't!
Closed Thread