UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Jan 2015, 11:23 pm   #1
Captain Black
Diode

Default 1959 Bush SRP31C

Hello clever people. I have just joined this forum in the hope that there is someone in North Yorkshire (Skipton) that has knowledge of these lovely little record players. I recently sent mine to an electrical Co. that fixes my guitar amps. It needed TLC as the sound was a bit ropey. He ended up putting " a modern " woofer, and a piezo tweeter in it. Also new valves, and some resistors that were " out of tolerance ". When I got the player back, it sounds fine for about 5 mins, then distorts badly. Also, he fitted a new cartridge, but now the tracking arm skates across my records. I would just like someone with proper knowledge of these players to fix it for me. Anyone out there Thanks for reading.
Old 30th Jan 2015, 9:48 pm   #2
Trev757
Banned

Default Re: 1959 Bush SRP31C

Hi

I repair these and can get it back to it's former glory for you. It sounds as though the previous repairer didn't spot the main fault on these sets which is the metal rectifier going faulty. This gives a very low H.T voltage and the thing sounds ghastly. I also repair the original Grundig tweeter if you still have it.

Only problem is that I live in north Bristol, so would have to be a postal job I'm afraid.

Best regards

Trevor
Old 31st Jan 2015, 10:01 am   #3
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Default Re: 1959 Bush SRP31C

If you've just paid for a repair which has failed, you really need to take it back to them or get a refund.