UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Dec 2014, 2:02 pm   #1
dazaaa1
Triode

Default Someone to repair a pair of Class A monoblocks, similar to Krell/Mark Levinson London

I have a pair of NRG Control Monoblocks that I really want to get running again.

Here's my thread on Audiokarma.
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=615613

Problem is the "low level boards" have been messed around with. Components removed and one or two damaged traces. Having been in contact with someone from NRG control (long since defunct) I have the schematic for the low level boards. Each amp has 48 output transistors and I was advised that before any work is carried out on the boards I need to test each one individually to make sure they are OK. If not, exact replacements are available from a reputable source. I'm in East London, and these amps weigh 50kg each....

Can anyone help?
Old 22nd Dec 2014, 7:11 pm   #2
Radio Wrangler
Dekatron

Default Re: Someone to repair a pair of Class A monoblocks, similar to Krell/Mark Levinson Lo

If someone has been inside them bodging around, you won't know how far they've gone until someone goes through it carefully and tests things.

These things are truly monsters and very few were built, so I suppose you're doing some historical preservation. I doubt that such things will be made again. They would need switch mode power supplies doing power factor correction or else there would be no CE mark, and then no sales allowed.

There are people near London who could help, and Kat in Leeds would probably be very interested.

David
Old 22nd Dec 2014, 8:05 pm   #3
Gillian
Pentode

Default Re: Someone to repair a pair of Class A monoblocks, similar to Krell/Mark Levinson Lo

Pm received and sent, I love weird and wonderful and silicon fast acting fuses.
Gill
Closed Thread