UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Oct 2011, 10:00 am   #1
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Default Safir 42 Bravour.

This radio was obtained from a very old established radio shop that I helped to clear many years ago. It was made in Copenhagen I guess around 1940.
The valves employed are the rather strange Telefunken types UCH11 UBF11 UCL11 and UY11. An Osram type Urdox U2410-P barretter is used in the heater chain, this being an AC/DC design of course. It is very well constructed with three wavebands and a mains input filter. Testing the primary of the output transformer with the AVO produced nice clicks from it's robust loudspeaker suggesting it will probably have a very good sound.
Can anyone help me with a circuit for this? The mica mains droppers on the back of the voltage selector panel are all open circuit, not difficult to work the values out but it would be interesting to see how the mains input and heater supplies are wired. It is more difficult to trace that it might appear.
This is the only example of this vintage and style of radio in my collection and it would be great to get a tune out of it after all these years.
Regards, John.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Safir 42.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	57076   Click image for larger version

Name:	Safir 42 (1).jpg
Views:	177
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	57077   Click image for larger version

Name:	Safir 42 (2).jpg
Views:	167
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	57078   Click image for larger version

Name:	Safir 42 (3).jpg
Views:	182
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	57079  
Old 8th Oct 2011, 10:09 am   #2
Peter.N.
Dekatron

Default Re: Safir 42 Bravour.

That's a rare one John, strange valve bases, I didn't know they made an '11' series never seen them in anything else. I don't recall seeing a barretter in a radio before although I'm sure I must have done, I recall them mainly in GEC TV's, '305' I think it was, and also in our 'accumulator' charger at the shop.

Peter
Closed Thread