UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Nov 2017, 7:12 pm   #21
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Re: Golborne (Manchester) Swapmeet 12th November

Thanks to all concerned in organising and staffing the event - a special thank you to Mike Barker, Jim, and Chairman Greg Hewitt, (and anyone else who transported and unloaded the van, packed full with mountain of test gear, valves and radios for sale at ridiculously low prices. I hope that they didn't have to take too much away with them!

These events are splendid for anyone who is starting out, to get together test gear such as a scope, signal generator, mutimeter, and lots of sets - especially 'woodies' with easy to work on roomy chassis as first restoration projects. Good to see Steve P 'back in business' as 'Bodgit & Scarper' licking a nice Portadyne 'woodie off the pile into shape. By the time of the 2 minutes silence at 11am, it was up and running to sound the last post from the Cenotaph.

Really nice to be able to hook up with a few forum chums for a chat.
Old 12th Nov 2017, 7:53 pm   #22
Reelman
Octode

And a big thanks from me to all the organisers for all the work they put in, a great day out!
A chance to meet old friends and grab some good bargains, especially at the end of the day.
Cheers
Peter
Old 12th Nov 2017, 7:55 pm   #23
Cobaltblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60 oldjohn View Post
Hi Mike & Peter, I don't have the plugs, all mine are in use. Good luck with your search for the Radio. Peter, see you Sunday, Mike I don't suppose you will be there ?
Hi John

Sorry I didn't spot your post until now but as you spotted I could not make it to much stuff going on at the moment.

Cheers

Mike T
Old 12th Nov 2017, 11:18 pm   #24
Reelman
Octode

Can anyone remember (or was it you?) who had the table next to the double doors leading to the toilet please?
Had a big Grundig 800 on top of the stall.
Thanks,
Peter
Old 13th Nov 2017, 9:58 am   #25
audiomagpie
Heptode

Big thanks to Dave Moll for running the Bring & Buy, it raised £42 for the British Vintage Wireless & Television Museum. Also thanks to those who donated items and to those who purchased them.

Also BIG thanks to those involved in organising, taking door money, loading/unloading the van, working TV displays. The danger when you start mentioning names is that you might forget somebody, so you all know who you are!

Each event we do, at every location seems to develop its own unofficial team. The commitment and loyalty really is appreciated, we simply couldn't do it without you!

BVWS committee chairman
Old 13th Nov 2017, 6:12 pm   #26
Karen O
Rest in Peace

This was my first time at Golborne and I could see why it draws people from far and wide. It had a very friendly atmosphere, lots of glorious vintage tech, and very reasonable prices. I deliberately came with no money. I'm having a huge clearout at the moment and wanted to prevent myself coming home with something I don't have room for! So, I raided the bag of parking change in the car, and that pound coin I use for Aldi's trolleys, and I came away with a cassette recorder and a handheld telly (many thanks to the nice man who let me have the latter at a knock down price due to my money running out!)

A very enjoyable time indeed and nice to meet a few forum members.

Last edited by Karen O; 13th Nov 2017 at 6:14 pm. Reason: Remove line break that somehow crept in
Old 13th Nov 2017, 10:52 pm   #27
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Karen, have a stall next time (April) yourself and get rid of it that way.

Ed
Old 14th Nov 2017, 7:50 am   #28
Dave Moll
Dekatron

... or if you only have a few items to dispose of at any one time, there is always the Bring & Buy. Instead of paying for a stall, items can be sold on a 10% commission basis.