UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Dec 2009, 2:15 am   #1
taipai_royal
Pentode

Default Aurora Query

I recently changed my digi box to a new double scart outlet type, but with my Aurora plugged directly into the back does not give me a video signal. When on the old digi box (single scart) I had it working ok off a 3 to 1 scart adapter with the single male end into the tv.
Any suggestions?
Graham.
Old 19th Dec 2009, 1:27 pm   #2
Steve_P
Dekatron

Default Re: Aurora Query

It could be the scart lead itself, as some don't have all the connections. This may affect it. Also check the plugs on the back of the Aurora are secure, as sometimes this causes similar effects.

Don't forget the menus on the unit though. Go through them and check settings.

Cheers,

Steve P.
Old 19th Dec 2009, 9:21 pm   #3
taipai_royal
Pentode

Thanks Steve, I have checked the digi box output is set to CVBS, then plug in a scart to RCA adaptor to either of the digibox outputs= no signal, but if I connect the TV (625) and the RCA adaptor to the digi box via a scart 3 to 1 adapter, I get a signal?.
Graham.
Old 19th Dec 2009, 11:13 pm   #4
Steve_P
Dekatron

Check leads, that's all it can be unless the digibox is faulty/cheap/both.

Cheers,

Steve P.
Old 20th Dec 2009, 12:36 am   #5
murphyv310
Dekatron

Hi
I take that what you mean by no signal is the Aurora is dispaying a test card and the led is flashing?
Is there a regular pulsing to the test card? if so your digibox maybe outing on NTSC (some have this option).
Also I would be inclined to make my own lead up from a scart plug via a screened lead to phono leads, I am not a great lover of these scart to phono adaptors pus it's so much neater.
Trevor
Old 20th Dec 2009, 9:34 am   #6
KeithsTV
Nonode

I presume that the scart to phono only has 3 phonos on it. If so it could be an input adaptor. There are 3 types of these adaptor, Input, Output and Switchable. The input and output types only connect the scart input or output pins whereas the switchable types connect either the scart input or output pins to the phonos via a switch.

The two scarts on the back of the digibox should both output CVBS video when the digibox is on, the one marked TV will output the control voltage on pin 8 to switch the TV to its scart input whereas the one marked VCR has a video input and uses the pin 8 control voltage to switch the TV connector to the VCR input.

If an output adaptor is connected to either of the connectors the video signal should be available on the phonos.

Keith
Old 20th Dec 2009, 12:13 pm   #7
taipai_royal
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithsTV View Post
I presume that the scart to phono only has 3 phonos on it. If so it could be an input adaptor. There are 3 types of these adaptor, Input, Output and Switchable. The input and output types only connect the scart input or output pins whereas the switchable types connect either the scart input or output pins to the phonos via a switch.

The two scarts on the back of the digibox should both output CVBS video when the digibox is on, the one marked TV will output the control voltage on pin 8 to switch the TV to its scart input whereas the one marked VCR has a video input and uses the pin 8 control voltage to switch the TV connector to the VCR input.

If an output adaptor is connected to either of the connectors the video signal should be available on the phonos.

Keith

I think you have hit the nail on the head Keith, I will try the switchable type.

Graham.
Old 20th Dec 2009, 12:48 pm   #8
Barry Lloyd
Retired Dormant Member

Or you could get a SCART connector with 6 plugs (3 input & 3 output). In fact Maplin do one that has bnc plugs for the video connections.
Barry
Old 20th Dec 2009, 3:09 pm   #9
howard
Nonode

Hello,

This is the lead I bought for my Aurora, a switched SCART to 3 RCA Phono Lead. It cost £2.27 and arrived the next day and is considerably cheaper than the Maplins offering.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCART-to-3-RCA...item45ef2ff467

Howard
Old 27th Dec 2009, 9:37 pm   #10
taipai_royal
Pentode

Thanks all for your advice, decided to go for the switched scart to scart/phono leads adapter,works a treat and does away with the scart to 3 scart plug lead, much neater.
Regards Graham.
Closed Thread