UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 28th Feb 2008, 3:59 pm   #1
repairman 1234
Retired Dormant Member

Default A Nice Little Hitachi

Click image for larger version

Name:	MOD SET 007 (WinCE).jpg
Views:	124
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	15556

I would like to thank Nick the Dentist for kindly donating this lovely little Hitachi 9300 to my ever growing collection of vintage video machines. Nick always includes a "service history" with his machines which details purchase date and price and also work done, this is great as it is so nice to have a history of the machines life to look over.
When Nick wrote to tell me about this machine, he said that it was a shame that the flap was missing, the flap although so small changes the whole look of the machine, so you can imagine my surprise when i found that i had a machine exactly the same in my "scrap and spares" cupboard. I am now in the ideal position of having one good machine and one for spares!

Thanks again to Nick

Hope you all like the pic.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 28th Feb 2008, 5:39 pm   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: A Nice Little Hitachi

Glad it got to you in one piece, and well done for finding a replacement flap!

Have you tried it? I restored it about 10 years ago and gave it to my grandmother, but she never got the hang of it so it's not really had any use since then. I thought her live-in carer had dumped it long ago, but I spotted it on the floor in the spare room when I last visited, so grabbed it for you.

Not quite as striking as the 8300 with its huge clock display, but worth preserving.

Cheers,
Nick.

PS Hope you're not going to squirt all that WD40 into it
Old 29th Feb 2008, 2:43 am   #3
repairman 1234
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: A Nice Little Hitachi

Hi Nick,

I have only had chance to try a tape inside, so far i would say just a service will do, but i have not had chance to look at the heads etc. At least i have the other machine for spares if i do need anything ( an unusual position to be in!) With a bit of luck i will be able to give it the once over early next week.

At least it won't squeak with all that WD!

Cheers,

Chris.
Closed Thread