UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Dec 2019, 4:26 pm   #1
allan
Pentode

Location: South coast near Ringwood/Christchurch, Dorset, UK.
Default Plessey PR155G

I just bought a Plessey PR155G which looks in pretty good condition.
I haven't plugged it in yet so cannot report on its serviceability. The dial turns OK on slow (either position) but I notice switching to fast lets the tuning knob spin back an inch or so.
It isn't marked for LSB or USB but looking at the circuit diagram the mode switch has fairly simple connections so spare positions 4 and 5 should be connectable for these modes.
Has anyone got any advice on this receiver?
Nice to know it's devoid of microprocessors and dreaded custom chips; it seems just bog standard transistors, resistors and capacitors.
Allan
Closed Thread