UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Sep 2010, 12:41 am   #21
mhennessy
Dekatron

Default Re: Hacker Super Sovereign RP75 woes

The sleeving is put on by the set manufacturer, and the colours will be their preference - nothing to do with the actual transistor. The red or blue dot on the case signifies collector, base is in the middle, emitter on the other side. If the sleeving on the Hacker wasn't wrecked, I'd suggest transferring it to the new transistors...

Interesting that you've now got a "T3". Still no idea what T2 and T3 are - maybe transistors that have a low VCE because of some process failure, but sold for this purpose where they'll never see more than a volt or two? Does your T3 have a red or blue dot?
Old 17th Sep 2010, 9:45 am   #22
Ian E G7OLT
Pentode

Also, is a T3 NPN or PNP?. Darren would either need to measure it or find a schematic for the Philips tape recorder he found at the dump.
Old 17th Sep 2010, 10:20 am   #23
mhennessy
Dekatron

Hi Ian,

That's why I asked about the colour of the collector dot. Assuming it's still there, it ought to be a reliable indicator...

Would love to know more about these transistors - I suspect that someone will have an obscure Mullard publication from the 1970s that explains all - but I'm sure an AC128 or similar would be absolutely fine in this position.
Closed Thread