UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Aug 2015, 4:17 pm   #41
jmedley
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Bush VHF64

Hi Andy
I have a Huntless VHF 94 s/n 381/00321 and a VHF64 s/n 220/01892
The VHF 64 is waiting for a re-furb. but does work OK !!!
I attach a pic. showing the HUM type TX, which has fewer tags on the top connector panel, the missing tags, that are fitted to the later TX, are added where the holes in the panel can be seen, at left/middle and right/top
I do respect Leon as a top man with all of this technology but have to say that if you only wish to use the stronger stations, then LW/MW are very good, however the set is a bigboy and without a rotator for the inbuilt ferrite rod the radio is not one to be twisted round on the table for best reception. So I can unashamedly tell you that I modded my VHF94, to include a rotatable ferrite rod!
I also have a Grundig 2043 and a Pye Fenman II but for me the BUSH is easily is the best of them, the VHF and subjectively the audio quality is marvellous
The VHF 94 stays with me, the others may find new homes one day
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	old type TX.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	111736  
Old 14th Aug 2015, 5:34 pm   #42
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Thanks for the pic, Jim.
Old 14th Aug 2015, 7:30 pm   #43
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

I've just heard from my neighbour - it seems he has a VHF94 from the S/N. He says:

Quote:
Interesting to know what you say about the Bush radio. I have found the serial number : it is 381 / 01491. It was bought from a shop, whose name I can't remember - it may have been a branch of HMV - on a continuation of Oxford Street, just off Tottenham Court Road - in 1955, I think. I hope this is helpful. Do let me know if I can assist any more.
Nick
Old 6th Sep 2015, 8:15 pm   #44
kingplum
Diode

Hello all, I've just joined the forum after picking up one of these. The serial number is 220/03630. It's not in a great condition but I paid £5 for it. The speakers all work including the electrostatic tweeter but it doesn't seem to be picking up any radio signals.

I hope this isn't sacrilege but my first thought in buying it was to put a raspberry pi streamer/internet radio device in it with a chip amp so the good news is that there maybe plenty of spare parts for someone with more knowledge than me who restores these - they'd go in the bin otherwise.

My question is... does anyone know what the crossover points are for the speaker drivers? Or maybe where I can get the data sheets for them?
Closed Thread