UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Jul 2020, 12:53 pm   #1
The General
Hexode

Default Grundig C6200

I've just finished refurbishing a Grundig C6200 radiocassette, this was their top model in the late 70s. The main issue with the Grundig mechs in the 70s radiocassettes is the horrible soft plastic gear which drives the take up spool on playback, this doesn't age well & is invariably starting to break up.
FYI, there's a Polish chap on ebay who's making casts of original gears, I bought one from him & it seems good quality & works well. Search ebay for 'Grundig C6200', or any of the 70s Grundigs & you'll find him. He makes gears for other machines too. The one I got from him was a hard gear so it makes a slight noise on playback but it's not an issue. He makes original style soft gears as well.
BTW, I didn't have any of the miniature wedge base lamps for the radio dial & meters but I did have some high brightness white LEDs so I used them & frigged the series resistors to suit. It came out quite well I think.
Mark.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20200719-WA0002.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	212127  
Old 30th Jul 2020, 2:23 pm   #2
unitelex
Hexode

Default Re: Grundig C6200

Looks good Mark, LED lit meters look nice

Thanks for the info on the repro gears source.

Best Regards
Chris
Closed Thread