UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Nov 2021, 8:16 pm   #1
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Telefunken Laborbuch f Entwicklung Werkstatt und Service

Hi!

Having finally been able to extract the CRT from the CDU130 I'm dismantling into separate parts to draw out, in looking for CRT data (Telefunken D7–17GH) I came across:–

"Telefunken Laborbuch für Entwicklung Werkstatt und Service",

In English this is:–

"Telefunken Laboratory Handbook for Design, Development and Service",

. . .and was published in five volumes, all in German!

I've found Volumes 1, 2, 4 and 5 of this work online on nhvrbiblio.nl, (Danish Equivalent of World Radio History!) but not found a download for Vol. 3 yet, so I've bought it on paper!

Vol. 1 is light blue (as shown), Vol. 2 is orange, Vol. 3 is green, Vol. 4 is black and Vol. 5 is dark grey – has anybody seen the green Vol. 3 one as a download anywhere?

Would anyone be interested in me attempting to render this into English?

Chris Williams
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211117-192447_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	246020  

Last edited by Chris55000; 17th Nov 2021 at 8:44 pm.
Old 23rd Nov 2021, 12:48 pm   #2
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Re: Telefunken Laborbuch f Entwicklung Werkstatt und Service

Hi!

I have now had a chance to study this work, and me thinks the contents of it are much too valuable to be left in minute dark–blue German text and postage– stamp size little diagrams, so I am going to start a project, that will run in tandem with (altho' will not be a part of!) my T & M Theory and Repair Book.

The work will be translated into English throughout and diagrams, graphs and charts made large enough to read on A4 paper!

The work will be open–source published under a Creative Commons Licence, and I know of no English version of this text in existence – I'm sure it would have appeared on "World Radio History" by now if there was!

The work covers most facets of radio, communications and electronics technology theory and practice, and from what I can understand of German dates, it dates from August 1968, so very suitable for inclusion in this Forum!

(The biggest snag will be trying to reproduce all those complex formulae in the book with Word!)

Chris Williams
Old 27th Nov 2021, 7:09 am   #3
Robert Gribnau
Heptode

Default Re: Telefunken Laborbuch f Entwicklung Werkstatt und Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris55000 View Post
I've found Volumes 1, 2, 4 and 5 of this work online on nhvrbiblio.nl, (Danish Equivalent of World Radio History!) but not found a download for Vol. 3 yet, so I've bought it on paper!
The site you mention is from the Dutch Society for the History of Radio. Their online library can be found here (click on "bibliotheek" on the left side of the page to come on the library page; if you than keep the search boxes empty and click on the button "zoeken", you will see all articles and books listed): https://www.nvhr.nl/frameset.htm?&ContentFrame