UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Feb 2020, 5:30 pm   #1
vampyretim
Heptode

Default Sony PS-LX2 wowing

Hi all,

I have a Sony ps-lx2 deck that's wowing and sometimes running slowly. I can't seem to find a service manual for it. Has anyone here got one or worked on any Sony decks of this era?

Many thanks,
Tim.
Old 3rd Feb 2020, 5:57 pm   #2
John123
Heptode

Default Re: Sony ps-lx2 wowing

Most likely the speed selector switch has tarnished contacts. You could try exercising it which might get you by for now..although ideally you may want to open it up and get some contact cleaner in.
Old 22nd Feb 2020, 1:57 pm   #3
Humptydumpty
Pentode

Default Re: Sony ps-lx2 wowing

May be a drive belt or if old type a rubber pully worn out .Also maybe a little lubrication will help .
Old 22nd Feb 2020, 3:27 pm   #4
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

Default Re: Sony PS-LX2 wowing

I’ve just googled the model and it comes up as a direct drive turntable, so there won’t be any rubber belts or idlers driving the platter. There is the possibility of dried out bearing under the platter. The last direct drive turntable I tried to repair was a Sony PS-Q7, which I ended up not repairing due to a failed Hall effect sensor that I was unable to find a replacement for.

Regards
Lloyd
Closed Thread