UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Dec 2011, 12:32 pm   #1
Renato65
Tetrode

Default FRG7 help please

Hi all,

My trusty Yaesu FRG7 has has developed, what sounds like a PSU fault. For some time the receiver has worked well but with noticable hum in the audio. Now the receiver turns on with dim lamps and bad hum on audio. I have tried searching for schematics but only found user manuals with broken links to schematics.

If someone has a link or schematics at hand please help.

Regards all

Renato
Old 12th Dec 2011, 1:05 pm   #2
Ian - G4JQT
Octode

Default Re: FRG7 help please

This works with full pdf cct. FRG7

Or here.

Regards,

Ian
Old 12th Dec 2011, 1:15 pm   #3
Renato65
Tetrode

Thank you Ian,

Shorted rectifier diodes. Thank heavens only that. I'll make sure I save the schematics this time.

Regards

Renato
Old 12th Dec 2011, 7:33 pm   #4
BobGreen
Retired Dormant Member

Keep it going Renato. They change hands on eBay for over 120 GBP these days. Tempted to put mine on soon as I now have an FT101B hybrid transceiver and an HRO for general coverage.

Bob
Old 19th Apr 2015, 11:02 am   #5
bill knox
Hexode

Hi

I recently bought a Yaesu FRG-7 at an auction, I have never seen so much nicotine in my life.
Someone has had a good "twiddle" of the coils, after realignment it works after a fashion, but I have one fault that is giving me a headache, if I inject a signal into the aerial socket I get no output on any band, but if I inject a signal across VC1 the 300pf tuning capacitor" I get a good output, although because I have injected the signal after the aerial input coil T101-2-3-4 it is not at full spec.
I am quite certain that the problem is with S2 the waveband switch, but it is a little difficult to get at as the connecting wires are so short.
There is also the attenuation switch but if I short out the waveband switch this does appear to work, so I am back at the waveband switch agin
Has anyone else come across this problem on the FRG-7 ?

Bill
Old 19th Apr 2015, 1:09 pm   #6
space charge
Tetrode

does it have a lamp fuse in the aerial input by any chance. pierce ei7ka
Old 19th Apr 2015, 5:58 pm   #7
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

If the coils are ok for certain then paxolin on switches can go leaky or is it nicotine on them?