UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Jul 2014, 11:35 am   #1
Stylo N M
Heptode

Default A Question Regarding The Thanks Thread?

Hi all,

As the thanks thread was so succesful and such a wonderful idea and asset to ths forum, would it be possible to start a new one now the old one is about exhausted, or would a new one cause an issue with the software due to the number of responses this thread receives?

Paul.
Old 23rd Jul 2014, 11:40 am   #2
Station X

Default Re: A Question Regarding The Thanks Thread?

Could you explain what you mean by "about exhausted" please
? There are 219 posts in the thread at the moment. This is far fewer than in say the AVO survey thread.

As far as I know there is no limit to the number of posts in a thread and we have threads containing thousands of posts in the mod area.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 23rd Jul 2014, 11:56 am   #3
Stylo N M
Heptode

Hi all,

Hi Graham, oh right, what it is on my mobile divice after page number 10 it then says last page, so I asumed that after that there wouldn't be anymore posts expected, or is this something that's only showing on my mobile?

Sorry if I've got it all wrong.

Paul.
Old 23rd Jul 2014, 12:20 pm   #4
Station X

You can adjust your forum settings to vary the number of posts displayed on a page.

I have my settings set to 25 posts per page, so in my case post number 219 appears on page 9.

So long as (at present) you can see post number 219 in the thread you've seen all there is to see.

At the moment the AVO Survey thread has 1185 posts. Can you see them all?

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ead.php?t=4343

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 23rd Jul 2014, 1:03 pm   #5
Stylo N M
Heptode

Hi all,

Hi Graham, yes I can see them all so yes it's me. Sorry Graham I see now what you mean, I was just taking it at face value that the last page was the complete end of it, so yes it was my mistake for not looking properly at everything.

Thank you for pointing that out to me. .

Paul.
Old 23rd Jul 2014, 1:15 pm   #6
Herald1360
Dekatron

Isn't that presentation- "Pages 1-xx, Last Page" just a common way of presenting a long list of pages in most forum displays?

It's a bit of a pain If you want to access page 100 in a list of 200 say, but a list with 200 numbers in it would be rather unwieldy.
.........O..Chris....O
Old 23rd Jul 2014, 5:06 pm   #7
Paul Stenning
Administrator

In reality most people will probably just go to the first unread post in threads they've seen before, and there's easy links to that.

If you do want to access a specific page in a thread just use the down arrow icon to the right of the list of page numbers and key it in. See attached.

All the facilities are there, but the most commonly used ones are the most obviously accessible which makes sense.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	95434  

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster

Last edited by Paul Stenning; 23rd Jul 2014 at 5:09 pm. Reason: Correcting the information
Closed Thread