UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Jul 2011, 6:48 pm   #1
Panrock
Nonode

Default HMV 907 cabinet label

I am restoring an HMV 907 pre-war television. Unfortunately the large internal cabinet label is only partly present and so I'll need to produce a complete new one - to go over it. (The damaged original is to be retained underneath for the benefit of future historians).

I attach a picture of the label as it currently is. Can anyone here provide a snap of a better one? It doesn't have to be of cracking quality; just good enough to act as a reference since I'll be be making up new artwork from scratch.

I also attach an image for a pre-war Marconi radiogram label. This is free for use by anybody on this board. If all else fails I'll have to guess the wording on the HMV label by taking cues from this - but much better to have sight of the correct original label.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4413.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	53741   Click image for larger version

Name:	HMV_702_2.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	53742  
Old 11th Jul 2011, 10:58 am   #2
brianc
Rest in Peace

Default Re: HMV 907 cabinet label

Hi Steve
I have a cleaned-up scan of the label from inside my 709. Obviously it's a Marconi label but you could probably transplant the top section of another HMV label. The original label from my set is a bright green but "replace colour" in photoshop could overcome that if it is a problem. I have attached a thumbnail but the file is nearly 4MB. Let me know if you want a copy of the file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Label from inside cabinet (Large).jpg
Views:	122
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	53780  
Old 11th Jul 2011, 11:33 am   #3
brianc
Rest in Peace

Hi again Steve.
I have just tried a tweak on the label and if the scan is desaturated and the brightness/contrast increased, a pretty good monochrome label is achieved. If you have the scan of another HMV label from which the Royal Warrant and other stuff can be cut, I will complete the job for you.
Old 12th Jul 2011, 10:26 am   #4
Panrock
Nonode

Hi Brian

Sorry for the delay in replying. This looks great - many thanks! No need to do any more work on this - I can handle it as necessary,

Cheers,

Steve (from a Little Chef on the south coast!)
Old 12th Jul 2011, 12:24 pm   #5
brianc
Rest in Peace

OK Steve. If you want the hi-res file, you'll have to email me so that I can attach it to the reply.
Closed Thread