UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Old 4th Dec 2023, 1:00 pm   #1
Daltonagf
Triode

Default Sony EV C2000E gives no picture

Hi,

I have a Sony EV C2000 that gives no or poor image, I have already exchanged everything with a working one (video mechanism, power supply, plug-in PCBs), it is in the lower printed circuit board MA 205 board. Even when I put a video signal into the video input, it produces no image (remains blue). During playback it sometimes produces a somewhat distorted image. The blue image is also sometimes disturbing. anyone have any ideas

gr rob
Daltonagf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2023, 1:06 pm   #2
Daltonagf
Triode

Default Re: Sony EV C2000E gives no picture

see pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sony poor.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	289212  
Old 7th Dec 2023, 2:56 pm   #3
G6ONEDave
Octode

Is that image going to the tv via it's tuner or via a composite video input? Are both the video player and ctv using the same signal system? Sorry but more detail is required before more suggestions of possible reasons/faults can be given.

Dave
Old 7th Dec 2023, 9:31 pm   #4
Daltonagf
Triode

hey, everything goes through composite. This video recorder does not have a tuner. If I offer a signal from another player to the composite input, no image comes out of the output, only sound. image remains blue.
Old 7th Dec 2023, 9:37 pm   #5
Daltonagf
Triode

I replaced ALL electrolytic capacitors. in the video section MA205 board (there were many) no improvement
Old 8th Dec 2023, 3:45 pm   #6
G6ONEDave
Octode

There are up to 3 signal inputs on this unit according to the user guide, these being Composite, SVHS and if fitted Scart. All inputs appear to have to be selected via the on-screen menu displayed on the monitor. You don't mention if you can display the menu.

The tape deck also plays/records using 2 different system formats, have you tried tapes from both formats and do those tapes playback OK on another player? It could be a bad recording.

Most functions are selected with the remote control, do you have one?

Dave
Old 8th Dec 2023, 6:20 pm   #7
Daltonagf
Triode

Hi, I have of course tried different tapes, sometimes it shows some dark streaks when playing. Even when I offer an input signal, there is sometimes something visible, including dark streaks, basically the same image as when playing. I am almost certain that if the input signal comes out well, the playback will also be good again. sound is good!! menu is also displayed properly
Old 12th Dec 2023, 5:01 pm   #8
G6ONEDave
Octode

Have you tried looking for a monitor display whilst the tape deck is in record mode. Not all portable recorder units give an output for the composite input unless in record mode.

After that difficult to otherwise help as I don't have the circuit diagrams.

Dave