UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Oct 2021, 6:09 pm   #1
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Black Star Jupiter 2010 Function Generator with Display

Hi!

I have had an offer accepted for a Black Star Jupiter 2010 Function Generator, this one is the model with the built-in frequency display and there's very little information in it online, at the moment, so when I receive it I will begin work on circuit diagrams, Component layout diagrams and parts lists.

I suspect the actual Signal Generation Circuitry is the same as the Jupiter 2000 which does have a S.M. available, so I'll do the power supply and frequency display section first, then if the generator circuit differs from the Jupiter 2000, I'll draw that in a second later instalment!

Chris Williams
Old 8th Oct 2021, 7:17 pm   #2
Trigon.
Hexode

Default Re: Black Star Jupiter 2010 Function Generator with Display

Service manual for the Black Star 2010, split into 4MB forum size chunks:-

chunk001.pdf
chunk002.pdf
chunk003.pdf
chunk004.pdf
Merge.bat.txt

1: Put all five files into a folder
2: Rename Merge.bat.txt to Merge.bat (Forum won't accept .bat files.)
3: Run Merge.bat

- The batch file assembles Black Star 2010 Service Manual.pdf (12.3MB), deletes chunks, and itself...

Cheers
Old 8th Oct 2021, 9:10 pm   #3
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

Member "Trigon", you've saved me quite a difficult and time–consuming drawing and writing job, as I've three oscilloscopes at least to document!

Thank you very much Sir!

Chris Williams

PS!

I might ask the Mods if I can make a "Sticky" page for Black Star User and Service Manuals, so they're always handy!
Old 8th Oct 2021, 9:28 pm   #4
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Very useful for me too as I have one, frequently used, in the bank of relatively antique test gear I prefer to use at work. If it goes down it will be me who has to fix it. Cheers.
Old 8th Oct 2021, 10:28 pm   #5
G0HZU_JMR
Dekatron

Another thanks to Trigon from me! I also have one of these Jupiter 2010 function generators and I use it quite often.

Mine has suffered with an intermittent internal trimpot in the past and this affected the harmonic distortion on the sine wave mode when the chassis was lightly tapped. The distortion would vary by about 30dB sometimes. This just required a quick spray of cleaner to sort out although the adjustment of the affected trimmer was quite critical. It will be nice to see what part of the circuit I was actually cleaning/twiddling to fix the problem.