UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 21st Nov 2020, 12:14 pm   #1
jonnybear
Octode

Default Ring (LOPT) tester

Back in the days of the CRT I used to spend hours trying to fault find LOPTX so I built a crude tester which saved me hours and replacement costs, then about 15 years ago I built a twin ic one which has served me well and works on all different types of transformer.
During lockdown I was looking for something to do, having been given some Oak and mahogany off cuts, so thought I would make a little box, the next thing I saw on the bench was a sky + display so decided to build a new ring tester, after making the box cutting hole for display and making up circuit I found the sky + display was incompatible as the diodes were reversed so had to compromise with a led bar display filling hole with filler, it all turned out well in the end costing just a couple of pounds and surplus components.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07649.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	220871   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07648.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	220872  

Last edited by Cobaltblue; 21st Nov 2020 at 12:20 pm. Reason: help understand what kind of ring
Old 21st Nov 2020, 6:54 pm   #2
Trevor
Octode

Default Re: Ring (LOPT) tester

Love it but please explain how it works and a schematic
Trev
Old 21st Nov 2020, 11:36 pm   #3
Cobaltblue

Default Re: Ring (LOPT) tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Love it but please explain how it works and a schematic
Trev
Nice explanation and circuit here.

https://wenku.baidu.com/view/ea87f92...7e87197f4.html

If you want to discuss this further I suggest a new thread.

Cheers

Mike T
Closed Thread