UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Jan 2021, 1:14 am   #1
avocollector
Heptode

Default Kyoritsu VTVM Model PV - 202 - 115 or 230vac??

Have just acquired this and it arrived with no plug on it. Can any of you wise persons out there save me a bit of time and tell me off hand if it's 115 ac or 230 ac. Also if any manuals for it are around I could not find them. Thanks.
Old 17th Jan 2021, 11:55 am   #2
factory
Octode

Default Re: Kyoritsu VTVM Model PV - 202 - 115 or 230vac??

Unfortunately most test equipment usually has a dual voltage transformer, if there isn't a voltage selector, then you should find a tag strip either on the transformer or near it, that can be changed with links to set either 115V or 230V.

Edit: Looking at different Kyoritsu VTVM you may find the voltage printed on the transformer.

David
Old 18th Jan 2021, 5:13 pm   #3
avocollector
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by factory View Post
Unfortunately most test equipment usually has a dual voltage transformer, if there isn't a voltage selector, then you should find a tag strip either on the transformer or near it, that can be changed with links to set either 115V or 230V.

Edit: Looking at different Kyoritsu VTVM you may find the voltage printed on the transformer.

David
Thanks David and you were right about the voltage but NOT on the transformer. Instead it was printed '230vac' on a small metal strip inside the case and neatly obscured by the inside 'knot' in the power cord.

To my shock, horror and utter surprise, it worked perfectly once it had a new mains plug!! 'What is the world coming too??' I ask myself if goods on an internet auction site don't have at least one defunct valve, dodgy electrolytic cap or leaky battery/extensive rusting therefrom inside - incredible. Mind you it was filthy on a level I've rarely seen before BUT cleaned up wonderfully.
Old 19th Jan 2021, 11:59 am   #4
Herald1360
Dekatron

Any mucky pics to share?

Before and after would be good.
.........O..Chris....O
Old 19th Jan 2021, 4:33 pm   #5
avocollector
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herald1360 View Post
Any mucky pics to share?

Before and after would be good.
This is the auction site pic
Attached Files
File Type: docx Kyoristu.docx (475.8 KB, 48 views)
File Type: docx Kyoristu pic.docx (475.8 KB, 40 views)
Closed Thread