UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd May 2021, 4:21 am   #1
magician
Triode

Default Tape Speed Adjustment Rosita KL2600

I was wondering if anyone knows the location to adjust the tape speed of the Rosita KL2600 with the R795 cassette deck?

Mine is playing to fast at the moment.

The radio museum link is
https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/rosita_kl2600kl_260.html

Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 8:19 am   #2
Ted Kendall
Dekatron

Default Re: Tape Speed Adjustment Rosita KL2600

Some DC cassette motors have a screwdriver speed adjustment on the motor can itself - it's worth a look.
Old 4th May 2021, 10:55 am   #3
DMcMahon
Dekatron

The Capstan speed adjustment (if present) may be on a motor speed control board in the form of a small adjustable pre-set potentiometer. Very difficult to know without the applicable documentation.

David
Old 5th May 2021, 1:01 pm   #4
magician
Triode

Thank you for the replies and advice. I was able to track down this image of a schematic from radio museum for the R795 (not the best image but it's all I can find). It looks like the motor is in the lower right corner of the schematic.

Can anyone tell if there is a trim pot connected to the motor and where in the wiring it is located?

Here is a link to the schematic www.radiomuseum-bocket.de/wiki/index.php?title=Datei:Rosita_Studio_4500_Bode-Jakisch_2020_(10).jpg

And I have attached it as well.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcMahon View Post
The Capstan speed adjustment (if present) may be on a motor speed control board in the form of a small adjustable pre-set potentiometer. Very difficult to know without the applicable documentation.

David
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Kendall View Post
Some DC cassette motors have a screwdriver speed adjustment on the motor can itself - it's worth a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	schematic copy.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	233333  
Old 5th May 2021, 2:44 pm   #5
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Well found.

Bottom right corner of schematic shows the capstan motor servo circuit with potentiometer VR701 being the motor speed adjustment.

The whole circuit including the FG (frequency/pulse generator) is shown within a dotted line box, am not sure if this indicates that everything shown is integrated into the motor assembly, if so then the speed adjustment is at the motor as Ted previously suggested.

David
Old 7th May 2021, 3:11 am   #6
magician
Triode

Thanks for the spot on advice. I was successful at adjusting the speed, of course I took apart the motor first just to realize there was a small hole at the base of the motor housing that gave access to adjusting the trim pot but it is now back together and functioning properly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcMahon View Post
Well found.

Bottom right corner of schematic shows the capstan motor servo circuit with potentiometer VR701 being the motor speed adjustment.

The whole circuit including the FG (frequency/pulse generator) is shown within a dotted line box, am not sure if this indicates that everything shown is integrated into the motor assembly, if so then the speed adjustment is at the motor as Ted previously suggested.

David
Old 7th May 2021, 6:25 am   #7
stacman
Hexode

Well done, hands up who has done that thing before.......��
Old 7th May 2021, 2:13 pm   #8
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Very good feedback that issue is resolved.

David
Closed Thread