UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Feb 2020, 1:07 pm   #61
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Faulty Dual CS 410 turntable

Thanks for the manual, very useful.

Basically, the motor and its control circuitry are treated as a sealed unit which is not designed to be repaired.

First things first... is the turntable spinning the right way, i.e. clockwise?

N
Old 5th Feb 2020, 1:08 pm   #62
Station X

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterGibbons View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Station X View Post
You're going to be struggling with any advice given.

Circuit diagrams are the same in any language.

I suggest you download the manual, extract the circuit from it and post it here. Someone, with more knowledge of motor control circuitry than myself, may be able to advise you on how to test and repair the electronics
I don't mind a struggle

I'm not convinced I need to be looking at circuits and stuff though - this wasn't an issue with the old PSU, so it surely has to do with this new one? And they sent two, both of which give the same result, so it's fairly safe to assume it's not faulty.

Is there a reason the PSU itself would do this?
You said that the original PSU was only reading 4VDC. If that's true it was faulty. Hopefully the new PSU isn't faulty. Only a test with a meter as described several posts back will confirm this.

I had a look at the manual. The motor electronics are internal to the motor and there's no circuit for them. All you can do is check for loose wires, clean the contacts of the OFF/ON and speed select switches and try adjusting the speed control potentiometers on the motor.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 5th Feb 2020, 1:13 pm   #63
WalterGibbons
Tetrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickthedentist View Post
Thanks for the manual, very useful.

Basically, the motor and its control circuitry are treated as a sealed unit which is not designed to be repaired.

First things first... is the turntable spinning the right way, i.e. clockwise?

N
Yes it is! That's something, right?
Old 6th Feb 2020, 8:11 pm   #64
WalterGibbons
Tetrode

An "interesting" development.. the original PSU has decided to work again. The Turntable still goes at spin dryer speed though. And what I've also just discovered is, it's not just the TT itself that's fast, the auto return is going at a crazy speed too! Weird.

The plot thickens as they say.
Closed Thread