UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Dec 2012, 1:41 am   #1
audion_1908
Hexode

Default Bush TV43 LOPT problems.

I am fixing a Bush TV43 that has been stored somewhere damp and for 20 or 30 years and is in a bad condition, how do I make sure the LOPT is not damp?
Old 25th Dec 2012, 1:28 pm   #2
Freya
Octode

Default Re: CRT cleaning

Remove the LOPT and put it away in the airing cupboard for a month or two, try to resist the urge to put it back before then.

Steve
Old 26th Dec 2012, 1:58 pm   #3
audion_1908
Hexode

Default Re: Bush TV43 LOPT problems.

I am not sure how I can get it out as the plastic frame is very cracked and I used epoxy to stick it back together, but its been in my kitchen for a while, I do have a hot air rework station, I could use on it on low so not to melt the plastic
Old 26th Dec 2012, 2:26 pm   #4
Freya
Octode

The problem is the moisture took a long time to accumulate in the LOPT, the same applies for it coming out. There is not really any quick fix unless you have access to a vacuum chamber or fancy making one; it is fun though to see the water bubble and drip out.

Last edited by Freya; 26th Dec 2012 at 2:27 pm. Reason: spelling
Old 31st Dec 2012, 11:06 pm   #5
audion_1908
Hexode

I can put the LOPT and steel frame in the airing cupboard, till I have a 405 line source and finished fixing the bush tv43, new caps ect.
Closed Thread