UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Nov 2017, 1:23 am   #41
1100 man
Octode

Default Re: 1973 Colour TV showroom

The TV in the very brief clip is a GEC 2000DST. Steve captured a better picture in the first post of this thread.
I have become well acquainted with one of these over the last 9 months or so as I have been gradually restoring one (it's still not quite finished!)
See http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/s...d.php?t=137452 for more pictures.
All the best
Nick
Old 25th Nov 2017, 9:34 am   #42
dazzlevision
Dekatron

Here's another picture of the GEC 2000DS-T.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GEC 2000DS-T front and top view.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	152823  
Old 28th Nov 2017, 11:12 am   #43
AidanLunn
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
Alan, thanks for that - I'm proved wrong, but it must have been very unusual circumstances. A cooked-up deal between Currys and ATV by the sound of it as the cost for a simple scene in a budget comedy such as that would have been horrific! The rigging time/cost alone would have been shocking relative to a studio shoot for the same scene. Presumably it was EMI 2001 cameras?
www.golden-agetv.co.uk/equipment.php?ExhbtID=44
I believe that ATV were using Philips PC60s on OBs based in both Elstree and Birmingham at this point?

https://www.transdiffusion.org/image...ur_ob_1968.jpg
Old 28th Nov 2017, 11:23 am   #44
AidanLunn
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus Diode View Post
I've heard of the programme but never saw it originally. Surprised for an ATV series the original colour VT transmission tapes have survived seeing most, if fortune to survive in any form, survive as black and white export film recordings such as, "Timeslip", "Tightrope" and "Escape Into the Night" as examples.
I'm led to believe by a former University professor who worked in the ATV (Elstree studios, where the aforementioned programmes were made) archive at the time of the ATV/Central TV changeover in 1981/82 that many of those programmes survived on their original 2" Quad VTs until Central took over... Considering Timeslip was made in 1970 with the other two shortly after, that's a good 11/12 years it existed on it's transmission masters!

I don't know if the archiving policy was different between the Elstree and Birmingham studios of ATV, but the percentage of missing programmes produced in either studio is about equal.
Old 28th Nov 2017, 2:43 pm   #45
Richard_FM
Octode

I've heard of the master tapes of Sapphire & Steel were hidden away by someone in the ATV / Central archive so they couldn't be wiped!
Closed Thread