UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Jan 2018, 3:51 am   #1
julie_m
Dekatron

Default Suggestion for new forum section

I've noticed there seem to have been a few questions reached about electronic musical instruments and amplifiers.

Would it be worth creating a new "instruments, amps and accessories" section?

I know there's room in "vintage audio" for amplifiers and FX units, "tape recorders" for the Watkins Copicat and look-a-likes and "other" for guitars and keyboards, but I was just wondering out loud if or not they might be better all together in one place of their own?

What do the forum staff think?

I obviously appreciate we're all (figuratively speaking) just invited guests in Paul Stenning's home, though, and there's a difference between putting up with some behaviour to keep other people happy and outright encouraging it; so if this is already something that's considered pushing the envelope a little then it's probably best not to. It's his decision, ultimately. And the moderation team must already be working hard -- that much is self-evident in the quality of the posts on the forum.
Old 27th Jan 2018, 6:44 pm   #2
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Re: Suggestion for new forum section

This subject area is somewhat removed from vintage radio/tv/audio etc as it is more professional rather than consumer. There are probably more suitable forums for this kit elsewhere.

It would also be a lot of work sorting through existing threads to move threads to the new section.

We (mods) have therefore agreed that the suggested section will not be added.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Closed Thread