UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 24th Nov 2019, 6:16 pm   #1
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Late 1950s record player for £20 in Wantage

Just come back from a weekend near Wantage, and managed to restrain myself from buying a nice-looking 1950s(?) portable record player in the Changing Lives charity shop, Church Street.

Nice burgandy Rexine covering, speaker (or at least a grille) at each end, two Roberts-style knobs on the front, and Collaro autochanger with mat in good condition. Acos(?) turnover cartridge. Two core bell-wire style flex. Quite compact.

Looked straight from a loft to me, i.e. all there and sound, albeit with some rust on catches and edges of Rexine lifting slightly in places. Bright missing from one of the front knobs. Looked an easy restoration. No branding as far as I could see.

They were asking a very reasonable £20 for it. Lots of people looking and saying "my nan had one just like that" etc. but no takers by the time I left at closing time yesterday.

Nick.

Last edited by Nickthedentist; 24th Nov 2019 at 6:24 pm.
Closed Thread