UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Jul 2006, 12:28 pm   #1
Colin
Heptode

Default KB FB10FM (5 valve version) circuit diagram.

Hi team,

I've just acquired a rather nice KB FB10 FM (yes, I know they're poor performers but I needed it to make a pair with its AM partner ) and although I have the Trader Sheet 1263 on this model the valve line up is different.

The trader sheet line up is 12AT7 - 6BJ6 - EABC80 - EL84, but mine has 12AT7 - 6BH6 - 6BH6 - EABC80 - EL84. It appears to have an extra IF Amplification stage and looks to be more like the KBMR10 which I believe is a contemporary of the FB10 FM.

Does anyone have the circuit for this variant to hand?

Thanks
Colin
Old 26th Jul 2006, 1:26 pm   #2
mickjjo
Rest in Peace

Default Re: KB FB10 FM circuit diagram

Hi Colin, I have the later KB FB10 FM circuit from R+TV Servicing 1957/58, (attached). The story goes that the original 4 valve version was rather insensitive and only worked within sight of the Wrotham transmitter aerial, so the extra IF stage was added in an attempt to improve performance .

Regards, Mick. .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kb fb 10 fm 1.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	4693   Click image for larger version

Name:	kb fb 10 fm 2.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	4694  
Old 26th Jul 2006, 1:42 pm   #3
Colin
Heptode

Default Re: KB FB10 FM circuit diagram

Thanks very much Mick ... lightning fast response! Fantastic. Really appreciated.

rgds
Colin
Closed Thread