UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 11th Dec 2007, 9:46 pm   #1
russell_w_b
Dekatron

Default GEC 'York' Telephone

I have a GEC 'York' one-piece telephone (attached pics) and I would like to find out more about it! I purchased it new in 1993 for £10.00. It came in a plain carton with no istructions, and I was assured that the bloke in the shop who sold it to me had a job-lot of them. It was manufactured in the UK, is DTMF only, and has ten memories, which I worked out how to program and retrieve (so if anyone has one and wishes to know how, please drop me a PM).

I can find no reference to this particular model either on Bob's telephone pages or the rest of t'internet, so was wondering if anyone here had come by one?

What was it manufactured for? A rival to BT's 'Slimtel 10'? For use on a private PABX? For use by a particular company? For use in overseas markets?

Does anyone else have one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	york01.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	13931   Click image for larger version

Name:	york02.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	13932  

Russell W. B.
G4YLI.
Old 11th Dec 2007, 11:38 pm   #2
AndiiT
Octode

Default Re: GEC 'York' Telephone

Hi,
I am guessing that this sort of phone may well have been for use on a private PBX as you suggest; being a one piece model it could possibly have been used in the rooms of a large hotel.

Try posting your question in the ITN forums at http://itn.chipfusion.co.uk/ it is not as active as this forum but there may be someone there who can identify the phone better than I can.

Regards
Andrew
Closed Thread