UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Jul 2021, 11:43 am   #1
Mjwylie92
Diode

Default Sourcing Cermet thick film Resistors

Hello,

I am currently looking at repairing a Telequipment D75 oscilloscope. As a few threads on the forum have already discussed I have a problem with the EHT circuit.

As suggested in the particular threads one of the culprits I believe is the High value “Cermet thick film resistors”, however I am struggling to source replacements.

Does anybody know where I could source replacement resistors? And if not what would you recommend as a suitable alternative?

The resistors are all 5% tolerance with a rating of 500mW and I would like to replace the following values (as per the telequipment service manual):

4.7 M Ohm
7.5 M Ohm
12 M Ohm
15 M Ohm
20 M Ohm
30 M Ohm

Thanks in advance, Matt
Old 14th Jul 2021, 12:18 pm   #2
kalee20
Dekatron

Default Re: Sourcing Cermet thick film Resistors

I'd use Vishay VR37 types (or HVR37).
Old 14th Jul 2021, 7:02 pm   #3
Mjwylie92
Diode

Default Re: Sourcing Cermet thick film Resistors

Ace! They look like just the ticket! Thank you for your prompt response kalee20

I should be able to make up the awkward values with a series / parallel arrangement

Regards, Matt
Closed Thread