UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Nov 2013, 11:19 am   #81
Mikey405
Octode

Default Re: BRC 2000 restoration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALC SCOTT View Post
Hi, i am still looking for a chroma pcb for my 2000. The one which is fitted has had all of the silicon replaced and all electrolytics. It is difficult to work on this pcb in situ. I also need a focus control. Cheers, Malc.
Hi Malc.

Although I'm not any kind of expert, I do enjoy looking at decoders and I'm happy to have a look at your PAL decoder if you can get it sent down to me. They're of a fairly standard design and usually quite reliable - No "stock" faults that I can think of. Have you tried a decoder out of another 2000 to make sure the lack of colour is definitely due to this panel?

Thanks Malc.

Kind regards.

From Mike.
Old 11th Nov 2013, 11:40 am   #82
MALC SCOTT
Octode

Hi Mike, i dont have another decoder pcb to try but i am certain that it is faulty. I have replaced all of the silicon, a lot of out of spec resistors and all electrolytics. Also a new xtal. The main problem is trying to fault find, the size of this set is huge. If all else fails i will take up your very kind offer to repair the decoder. After a few days running, the crt is now brilliant and tests perfect on my BK467 tester, Malc.
Old 11th Nov 2013, 2:47 pm   #83
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Hi Malc
The decoders are on their way to you, but I think you might end up having more fun with them than with yours! Still, they will give you a source of spares if nothing else.
Glyn
Old 11th Nov 2013, 4:03 pm   #84
MALC SCOTT
Octode

Thank you
Old 22nd Feb 2015, 10:08 pm   #85
slidertogrid
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold69 View Post
My EHT regulation had gone - picture ballooning with brightness. I got a EHT probe and measured 15 to 28kV! Fixed that first, suggest this is one of the first checks. Arnold69
Hi I have a 25" 2000 which I am working my way around, on my set the picture size varies with brightness and tends to fluctuate around on it's own accord, even on a still picture. Could you tell me what the cause was on your set please? I am keen to solve this fault before any damage is caused.
many thanks, Kind regards, Rich.
Old 22nd Feb 2015, 10:16 pm   #86
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

There is a regulator panel in the middle top of the chassis and it needs setting up as per manual plus needs to be ok.VT7 comes to mind as a possible failure.

Then the EHT generator board is another suspect possibly it is above the line panel RHS.