UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Feb 2020, 11:27 am   #1
Mach One
Hexode

Default Sony WM-D6C

I have one of these wonderful machines that I bought new in 1986 and which has served me well until now. It really is the Nagra of the cassette world, I feel. It is also unfortunately faulty - the take up reel sticks resulting in cassettes coming to a grinding halt and tape being wrapped around the pinch wheel.

It may be beyond economic repair but before I scrap it I wondered if anyone can recommend a good quality repair service for it? In younger years I'd have taken it apart myself but my eyesight and manual dexterity are not quite what they were and I suspect that that would be asking for trouble.
Old 21st Feb 2020, 2:44 pm   #2
Michael Maurice

Default Re: Sony WM-D6C

I can probably repair this for you, next time I'm down on the south coast. Possibly the week beginning 9th March.

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Old 22nd Feb 2020, 11:21 am   #3
Mach One
Hexode

Default Re: Sony WM-D6C

Thank you, Michael,

You were pipped to the post as it were by another Forum member. Nice to know that you are around, though!

Hopefully I can report back that the machine is saved.
Closed Thread