UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Old 7th Apr 2021, 4:48 pm   #1
robinshack
Octode

Default Radiospares Thermistor TH.1 vs TH-1A info

I wonder if anyone knows the difference between the earlier Radiospares TH.1 and the later TH-1A please. I have their 1967 catalogue listing the TH.1 as equivalent to VA1015. Res cold 930 ohm, Res hot 42 ohm @ 0.3A. The only difference I can see is the TH.1 has what looks like end caps fitted whereas my TH-1A has wires wrapped around either end. Were these onlyith the 0.3A quoted, were these used in 0.3A heater chains on tv or also as ht inrush limiters as well? Reason I ask is I have some I found when sorting.
Thanks.
Rob
Old 7th Apr 2021, 5:24 pm   #2
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: Radiospares Thermistor TH.1 vs TH-1A info

As a comparison with the suffix, the Brimar/STC CZ range that have the suffix A added are the same electrically, eg: CZ1 and CZ1A are electrically the same but in those the CZ1 is a wrapped wire connection and the CZ1A is an end cap and wire connection.

Lawrence.
ms660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2021, 8:41 am   #3
robinshack
Octode

Thanks Lawrence. Strange the " A" designation of wire and end caps between the 2 suppliers. Maybe RS ones were from STC.
Rob
Old 8th Apr 2021, 9:10 am   #4
ms660
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinshack View Post
Thanks Lawrence. Strange the " A" designation of wire and end caps between the 2 suppliers. Maybe RS ones were from STC.
Rob
Out of interest, there's a note in the Brimar book to say that the CZ1A was only normally supplied to manufactures of equipment (bottom of book page 287):

https://www.rsp-italy.it/Electronics...20-%201958.pdf

Lawrence.
ms660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2021, 3:18 pm   #5
robinshack
Octode

Thanks Lawrence,
you are always a fountain of knowledge!
Rob