UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Apr 2021, 11:25 am   #1
bill knox
Hexode

Default Bose Wave audio AWRC3G

Hi

My daughter has one of these and the CD does not work, if you move sled to the "outside" position of the CD and turn the unit on the motor run back to the start position and that is it, the display shows DISC and the CD starts flashing and that is all, with the unit stripped out and a CD is placed is placed on its platter the motor moves the CD about 5mm, stops and then the CD moves about 5mm and so on and so on.

Would anyone have a faulty unit but with a good CD optical unit.
I have tried to contact BOSE but all the contact methods end with a message that "we cannot be contacted at this time please try later"

Regards

Bill
Old 9th Apr 2021, 11:49 am   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Bose Wave audio AWRC3G

Bose are frustratingly tight-lipped when it comes to advising on specifications or servicing. I had a very similar problem on my (non-Bose) CD transport. It turned out to be poor contact on the Play/Start function contacts. Clearly the disc is being read. Also is the motor bearing free?
Old 9th Apr 2021, 1:05 pm   #3
mickm3for
Heptode

Default Re: Bose Wave audio AWRC3G

Hi they are very touchy on disks recorded on computer i have found Philips cdr
works others give the no disk message number on laser pu will give the type if you need a new pickup i have some some ware Mick
Closed Thread