UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Feb 2017, 3:19 pm   #1
crusadersuperst
Diode

Default Bush TV22

Hello, I am new here and to the hobby. I've always wanted a vintage TV set and acquired a Bush TV22.

I have a friend who's a TV/video hifi repair man, he has changed all the capacitors etc. He has sound working. All valves are lit up heat working, high voltage to the picture tube is present. After a few minutes there is a bit of smoke and a smell he thinks is coming from a transformer but he cannot determine the source. He has a vintage Bush set as well different model than mine, he feels he has gone as far as he can so suggested trying to find someone here who might be able to help.

I am in Stockport and any help would be great, the set is in fantastic condition and would love to have it working.

Thanks, John.
Old 15th Feb 2017, 4:58 am   #2
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Default Re: Bush TV22

Hi John, if you are not fixed up by early April I suggest you go to the Golbourne meeting on the 9th I think, plenty of enthusiasts will be there and there will be at least one TV22 running.

Ed
Closed Thread