UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Jan 2017, 8:49 pm   #1
countrygal
Diode

Default Restoration Help In West Mids Needed

Hi, I've joined this site to get some help to restore my late fathers small collection of vintage Bakelite radios. I'd love to get them all working again, they're all in glorious condition but haven't even got plugs so not sure if they're even working. I managed to get a plug on the Bush DAC91 and can actually hear faint voices so know it's sort of working but the tuner knob won't move so very frustrating! I'm not interested in doing it myself but looking for a keen, genuine and honest enthusiast who will get them working for me as they have great sentimental value. Can anyone help this damsel in distress in the Midlands? PM me with details. Thank you.
Old 25th Jan 2017, 10:50 pm   #2
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Default Re: Restoration Help In West Mids Needed

Sorry, I can't help you personally. However, you may not have seen the post, but Radiocraft will shortly be re-starting in the professional restoration business near Evesham.

http://www.radiocraft.co.uk/restorations.htm

You shouldn't underestimate the amount of work and time, and hence cost, involved in restoring one radio, let alone a whole collection. I hope you do get offers to tackle the collection, but it may be too much for one enthusiast!

Optimist [n]: Someone who is not aware of the full facts
Closed Thread