UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Jan 2017, 9:32 pm   #1
Calladine
Diode

Exclamation Need Assistance in Restoration

Hi all,

I am a complete rookie when it comes to any radio restoration. I have recently been given an old 1930's/ 40's era radio that used to belong to my great grandmother. It no longer works but I would love to get it fixed up for my grandad.

I would like to know where I can take it to have it looked at, first of all to learn about it and secondly I would like to see if it can be restored/ repaired.

I am at University in Coventry but originally from Sheffield, so anywhere around the midlands/ Derbyshire/ Yorkshire would be great. I will attach a picture as soon as possible.

Please help if possible.

Thanks.
Old 11th Jan 2017, 2:21 am   #2
frankmcvey
Heptode

Default Re: Need Assistance in Restoration

Hi, Calladine,

I'm at Oakham in Rutland and would be happy to help. I'm quite busy at the moment, but come the end of the month, things look a bit quieter. Give me a PM with some details regarding the make and model with a photograph or two so that I can do my homework.

If someone can help sooner, no problem.

Cheers,

Frank
Old 13th Jan 2017, 11:05 am   #3
Radio Tech
Octode

Default Re: Need Assistance in Restoration

Hi Calidine

I am willing to help you with the set, and also point out what was done to get the set working. Have sent you a PM

Best wishes

Ken
Closed Thread