UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Jan 2019, 1:29 am   #21
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: VCR with no end sensors!!

Although I don't have the technical background, Julie's summary of VCR'S [post 11*] sums up my view. Once so valuable and now discarded, they are an amazing example of twentieth century engineering [like MD's perhaps but more consistent?]. From a purely intuitive point of view I've also thought and said to people that it was amazing VCR's worked in the first place and for so long and so reliably [if you offset the breakdowns against the hours of usage]. Like the Bumble Bee that shouldn't fly really. "You don't know what you've got till it's gone" J Mitchell. Who else could understand or fix them-then or now Was it an opportunity missed in some respects?

Dave
Closed Thread