UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Jan 2019, 9:29 pm   #1
shirely
Retired Dormant Member

Default Ferguson Videostar 3V43 - load motor drives hard on power-up

Hi,

I have an old Fergie V/Star 3V43 which drives the loading motor hard one way on power-up.
The eject mechanism is in the ejected mode but the guides are fully laced up.

If I manually un-lace the mech & power up, the loading motor immediately loads the guides up to the max point and continues to turn until auto-power-off.

It doesn't appear to have a conventional mode switch but used what looks like optical sensors - which ive cleaned.

Im stuck!

Any ideas?

BIG thank you!
Old 2nd Jan 2019, 10:12 pm   #2
jayceebee
Heptode

Default Re: Ferguson Videostar 3V43 - load motor drives hard on power-up

Hi and welcome. This is unusual as the motor should try to return the deck to unload mode then eject if it's not already there when applying power. If it's not something silly like the plug to the loading motor accidentally reversed then a possible cause may be a missing voltage supply somewhere due to a faulty CP, a fuse which look like a transistor with two legs. A manual is pretty essential here but I haven't been able to find one for this model.

John.
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 2:56 am   #3
ben
Dekatron

I had this exact problem with a JVC HRD140, these decks don't have a mode switch per se but an optical sensor, think that had failed on mine. Will try and find my notes.
Old 4th Jan 2019, 8:27 pm   #4
shirely
Retired Dormant Member

BIG thank-you lads - i will have a look around for an O/C CP & check the optical sensor.

Its worth a look.

Closed Thread